Solicitor – Housing Team
We are a renowned multiservice law firm committed to access justice. Our lawyers specialise in criminal defence, family law, housing, civil liberties and human rights. We are a Legal 500, and Chambers UK recommended firm who are currently recruiting an experienced full-time Solicitor to join our housing team. This is a supervisory role based at East Dulwich Office and you will oversee a small team of junior staff members.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Professional pro-active approach, strong client care skills and a sensitive and sympathetic understanding of clients’ needs
- Responsible for all aspects of Litigation work and on occasions, where appropriate providing technical expertise and guidance to other team members
- Ability to manage appropriate caseload types and complexities
- Supervision of junior members of the team
- Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases
- Dealing with correspondence
- Maintaining accurate time costing procedures
- Implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly file reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly
- Ensuring compliance with file management.
- Dealing with all areas of social housing law including disrepair, possession, injunction and homelessness
- Have a passion for publically funded work
- Attention to detail and the confidence to work independently as well as in a team
- Solicitor with 3+ years’ PQE
- Solid experience in housing law and mainly under legal aid
- Excellent client care skills
- IT proficiency
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and remain calm whilst under pressure
You will receive a positive and supportive working environment with a team that prides themselves on promoting from within, exposure to industry specialists and a fantastic opportunity to start or continue your development in an award-winning law firm.
We are looking for individuals who are able to join the team ASAP and those on short or no notice periods may be preferred.
This position pays £34,000 to £42,000 depending on experience.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we are unable to respond to all candidates or provide feedback on your application, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days of the application deadline then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.)