Anthony Gold Solicitors are seeking a Property Disputes Paralegal who will be responsible for supporting fee-earners in the property disputes team based at our London Bridge office.
The role would involve supporting Solicitors in a varied range of property disputes and housing related personal injury claims for tenants, leaseholders and homeowners against landlords and developers. The claims mainly relate to housing conditions and building defects. Alongside this work, the solicitors also act for landlords, tenants and letting agents on residential landlord and tenant disputes and advising on the law relating to private sector tenancies and houses in multiple occupation (HMOs).
Your role will include the following, but additional tasks may be added as appropriate for the role:
To assist in the provision of administrative and legal services for clients, including:
- Working to support solicitors on property disputes litigation cases.
- Interviewing clients, taking and drafting statements
- Casework & providing advice to clients.
- Handling new client enquiries
- To assist where requested the provision of legal advice to clients, under supervision.
- Delegate and supervise tasks where appropriate.
- Work as a part of a team under the supervision of a Partner Solicitor.
- Provide an efficient and friendly service to our clients.
- Manage professionally and confidentially, written and telephone correspondence with clients, other solicitors and third parties
- Maintain client care standards as set out in the firm’s terms of business and office manual.
- Assist with marketing and business development, including writing blog articles and participating in the team’s other marketing activities when requested.
- Continue to develop your legal ability.
Anthony Gold’s ‘ground-breaking’ team is a recognised leader in Housing and Property Disputes and wins praise for its ‘knowledge, imagination and dedication’. It is well respected by clients and peers.
The Property Disputes team based at our London Bridge office has a niche specialism acting for tenants, leaseholders and homeowners in building defect and property conditions claims against landlord and developers. Alongside this work, the solicitors also act for landlords, tenants and letting agents on residential landlord and tenant disputes and advising on the law relating to private sector tenancies and houses in multiple occupation (HMOs).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good customer focus
- Flexible and proactive approach with ‘can do’ attitude
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Able to work to deadlines
- Focuses on the detail to a realistic level
- Interested in problem solving and solution focused
- Experience of working as a paralegal in civil litigation (experience related to property disputes or housing litigation is preferred but not essential)
- Degree in Law/CILEx or previous experience of working in a similar role
- Private healthcare for the individual
- Hybrid working available
- Life Insurance: 4 times base salary
- Income protection: 70% base salary for 5 years paid after sickness of 26 weeks
- Pension contribution: employer 3% employee 5%
- Annual staff bonus
- Reduced gym membership
- Discount vouchers through one of our suppliers
- Season ticket loan on joining
- 23 days holiday plus additional 2 for Christmas and Bank Holidays which increase to 28 days over a period of 5 years Unfortunately we are not able to provide work sponsorship for this role.
Closing date: 30 October 2023