Anthony Gold Solicitors
PARALEGAL (6 months contract): HOUSING AND PROPERTY DISPUTES
About the role:
The Paralegal role (6 months contract) for the Housing and Property Disputes team will be responsible for supporting fee-earners in the team initially based at our Elephant & Castle office, then at our new offices at London Bridge.
The role would involve supporting solicitors in a varied range of property for tenants, leaseholders and homeowners in building defect and property conditions claims against landlord and developers. Alongside this work, the solicitors also act for landlords, tenants and letting agents on residential landlord and tenant disputes and advising on the law relating to private sector tenancies and houses in multiple occupation (HMOs).
About the Housing and Property Disputes Team:
Anthony Gold’s ‘ground-breaking’ team is a recognised leader in Housing and Property Disputes and wins praise for its ‘knowledge, imagination and dedication’. It is well respected by clients and peers.
About Anthony Gold Solicitors:
We are a multi-specialist firm of solicitors with 3 offices in South London. We have a national reputation in niche areas and are in the top 200 firms in England. Please visit our website www.anthonygold.co.uk
Your role will include the following, but additional tasks may be added as appropriate for the role:
To assist in the provision of administrative and legal services for clients, including:
- Working to support solicitors on property disputes litigation cases.
- Interviewing clients, taking and drafting statements
- Casework & providing advice to clients.
- Handling new client enquiries
- To assist where requested with the provision of legal advice to clients, under supervision.
- Produce plain English letters and documents as required.
- Manage professionally and confidentially, written and telephone correspondence with clients, other solicitors and third parties
- Maintain client care standards as set out in the firm’s terms of business and office manual.
Qualifications and experience
- Experience of working as a paralegal in property disputes or housing litigation
- Degree in Law/CILEx or previous experience of working in a similar role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good customer focus
- Flexible and proactive approach with ‘can do’ attitude
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Able to work to deadlines
- Focuses on the detail to a realistic level
- Interested in problem solving and solution focused
Deadline 14 April
Apply with Cv to HR@anthonygold.co.uk
Hopkin Murray Beskine
VACANCY: HOUSING/ PUBLIC LAW SOLICITOR
Closing date for applications: 30th April 2023.
Hopkin Murray Beskine is seeking a solicitor, with 2 years or more PQE, for our leading housing and public law team. We are a long established Islington firm with legal aid contracts in housing, public law and family law. We have a thriving legal aid practice alongside privately funded and conditional fee work. Our solicitors are leaders in their field and the team is recommended in the Chambers UK Guide and Legal 500.
Hopkin Murray Beskine’s housing and public law team has a well-earned reputation for high quality work covering a broad range of housing cases including possession, illegal eviction, homelessness, and disrepair including personal injury.
We have a particular expertise in housing-related public law challenges and judicial review cases, with many reported cases. Members of our team act frequently in cases concerning the housing needs of disabled children and their families, and in discrimination challenges. We receive referrals from a high number of sources including charities assisting refugees, Irish Travellers, survivors of domestic violence, and victims of trafficking. We participate in the housing possession court duty scheme at Clerkenwell & Shoreditch County Court.
This role would offer an excellent opportunity for a solicitor wanting to build a broad housing law caseload, or a solicitor wishing to develop expertise in housing-related public law. We encourage colleagues to develop their expertise in areas of law of interest to them.
Key responsibilities of the role
You will either have Legal Aid Agency supervisor status, or aspire to achieve it, with support from our team.
Depending on your level of experience you will have the opportunity to manage or supervise junior team members.
You will be invited to join regular training, and deliver occasional training to the team depending on your experience.
A minimum of 2 years PQE. We will also consider applicants with much greater levels of experience.
A sound or growing knowledge of housing law and litigation. Experience of public law litigation would be an advantage.
Experience of acting as a duty solicitor under the housing possession court duty scheme would be an advantage, or a willingness to develop your skills in that area.
A working knowledge of CCMS and public funding.
- A competitive salary commensurate with your experience, plus a bonus scheme.
- A friendly, supportive, work environment, in which you can develop high professional standards, and progress your skills and abilities.
- Generous holidays and flexible working arrangements, supporting your work at home and in the office. We are happy to consider part-time working arrangements
How to apply
Apply by 30th April 2023 with a detailed CV and covering letter by email to
We will acknowledge receipt of all applications and will let you know whether we would like to invite you to an interview.
We seek to recruit a diverse workforce and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.