BLACKBIRD SOLICITORS LTD
JOB DESCRIPTION & PERSON SPECIFICATION
Name: Housing Solicitor (Consultant and Permanent)
Job Description: Housing, Debt & Welfare benefit Solicitor
Reports to: Head of Housing Department
Reported to by: All Staff
To undertake casework independently to adequate standards of accuracy and efficiency to the status of the legal aid supervisor standard of the Housing, Debt & Welfare Benefit Law Department and to supervise work done by all staff within the Housing & Debt Law Department.
Housing Law: experience of defending possession proceedings, eviction
cases, anti-social behaviour injunction cases, unlawful evictions, housing disrepair, homelessness, and judicial reviews.
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients.
- Maintaining attendance notes and breakdown
- Maintaining worksheet.
- Prioritising and managing specific tasks.
- Applying for extensions of financial limit for each file as necessary.
- Meeting casework and billing targets.
- Meeting new client introduction target.
- Meeting deadlines and targets on specific tasks.
- Ability to undertake heavy workload
- Ability to work in high pressure environment.
- Updating themselves and other staff of new developments in Housing & Debt Law and all other relevant areas of law.
- Attending training course as requested and training other staff accordingly.
- Telephone and administrative tasks when required.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATION AND TRAINING
A solicitor specializing in Housing, Welfare Benefit & Debt with a and good educational background.
Salary according to experience.
Please send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 3 February 2023