Associate solicitor, 4+ years’ PQE, Property and Housing Litigation Putney
We are seeking a highly-motivated and professional solicitor to join our housing and property litigation team in Putney.
The team has an established reputation and broad experience, providing a first class service to our clients whether they are individuals being assisted under legal aid funding or real estate investment companies, developers, block management companies, national retailers, not-for-profit organisations.
The ideal candidate will have at least four years’ post qualification experience in legal aid funded housing litigation work and have supervisory experience, but we will consider other outstanding candidates with appropriate expertise.
What you will be doing – some examples
- Section 202 reviews and Section 204 appeals
- Possession proceedings
- Disrepair claims
- Judicial Review challenges
In addition to legally aided work, you would be expected to undertake some residential property litigation work. Examples of such work will be:
- Long leasehold breach of covenant disputes
- Service charge disputes and recovery
- Residential forfeiture claims
- Boundary, right of way and right of light disputes
- Adverse possession claims
What you are like
- Educated to degree level, preferably a 2:1 or better
- A solicitor with either 4+ years’ PQE in housing or property litigation
- Proficient in using the Legal Aid Agency’s CCMS portal
- Highly motivated and professional
- Work and think independently
- Ambitious and keen to wow our existing clients and win new ones
- Can demonstrate commercial awareness
- Proven track record of meeting fee and time targets
- Technically excellent
- Keen attention to detail
What we are like
- A leading housing and property litigation team with a large team of lawyers based in Central London and Putney
- Leaders in our field committed to maintaining a friendly and supportive working environment
- We encourage collaboration and sharing know-how for the benefit of clients and each other
- We encourage our solicitors to speak, to publish and to participate in the industry, keeping up with and shaping the latest thinking
- You will be part of a supportive cohort of your peers from across the firm, participating in a variety of career development activities
- We offer a very comprehensive package of benefits to our solicitors in addition to a competitive salary.
- We enjoy Lexcel Accreditation and are accredited by the Living Wage Foundation.
The role is full time but applications will be considered for candidates wishing to work four days a week.
The firm operates an Agile Working Policy which allows employees to work 60% of their time in the office and up to 40% of their time- from home each month.
We have a diverse workforce and aim to attract high calibre applicants that reflect the demography of our geographical location and client base. Individuals will be employed solely on merit and the requirement of the position. No applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender Identity or religion. Reasonable adjustments will be made to eliminate or reduce disadvantage
For more information and to apply, please do look at our website