Citizens Advice Camden
Hours: 35 hours per week (full-time)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type: Permanent
Work Location: Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, WC1N 3JH
About Citizens Advice Camden
Citizens Advice Camden is a well-respected local charity with more than 80 years’ experience of delivering free, independent and impartial advice and casework services to those most in need.
About our Service at Great Ormond Street Hospital
This is an exciting opportunity to join our mutually supportive Team at Great Ormond Street Hospital which supports families of children treated there on a range of social welfare issues, including benefits, debt, and housing.
About the Role
Common housing problems for families at GOSH include delayed discharge, due to unsuitability such as damp and disability unsuitability, homeless and reasonable preference challenges. In addition to assisting patient families the role as a housing caseworker also includes providing support and supervision to advice team members and supporting the GOSH staff who also support families. Our service is closely integrated within the Hospital and you will have honorary GOSH staff status.
You will have –
- a good knowledge of housing law, statute and case law, including Housing Act Part VI and VII and relevant case law.
- excellent negotiation and advocacy skills.
- the ability to identify and progress options for legal challenge within the limits of your role.
- the ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams which include family support officers, social workers and GOSH medical professionals.
- the ability to produce and deliver training materials to both GOSH and CCAB staff.
- an understanding of the issues that GOSH families face and be able to show how your work is relevant within a health inequalities framework.
How to Apply
CVs are not accepted.
Closing date for applications: 10.00am on Monday 7 February
Interview date: to be confirmed
Interviews will be held on Zoom.
Citizens Advice Camden is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Candidates invited to interview will be required to provide documentary evidence of their right to work in the UK in order to comply with the statutory requirements.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the GOSH honorary status process which includes an enhanced DBS check. You will be required to maintain honorary status and meet any additional NHS or GOSH requirements during your employment in this role, including being fully Covid-19 vaccinated. This role does not require direct contact with hospital patients.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries.