HMCTS have released a new N5B claim form – the claim form for accelerated possession proceedings after service of a section 21 notice. The new form (finally?!) takes into account all of the post 1 October 2015 changes to the validity of a section 21 notice.
The new form requires the landlord to complete confirmations that:
- The property is licensed, if it is required to be
- An EPC has been provided to the tenant (and when)
- The gas certificate (if required) has been provided (and when)
- For private landlords, the ‘How to Rent’ Booklet has been provided (and when and how)
- All the deposit requirements have been complied with (and when)
- There has not been a ‘relevant notice’ (Improvement Order or Emergency Remedial Order) served and…So, finally the N5B now reflects the statutory obligations and asks the landlord to confirm those requirements to the court. This must be used for accelerated possession claims now, and most certainly for any tenancy (or renewal tenancy) that started on or after 1 October 2015.
Also, new N11B defence form – here.