Keoghs Nicholls Lindsell & Harris
are looking for a newly qualified solicitor or paralegal (with possibility of a training contract) for a 12 month fixed contract, commencing in May 2020. The successful candidate will be joining an established specialist landlord and tenant department. The Firm has offices in Altrincham, Stockport and Macclesfield. It holds a legal aid contract for housing work in the Trafford, Stockport, Chester, Crewe and Macclesfield areas and delivers the housing possession court duty scheme at various Courts in the region. The department also has a growing private landlord client base.
This role will involve dealing with a broad range of Social Housing and Landlord and Tenant disputes. This will include possession proceedings, unlawful evictions, homelessness matters and disrepair matters. Experience in dealing with both housing litigation and with Legal Aid/ CCMS is preferred; but experience of at least one of these will be necessary.
Key Skills Required:
· To have relevant housing litigation or Legal Aid experience
· To have the ability to deliver quality advice and representation regardless of whether the client is privately or publicly funded
· The ability to manage a busy and varied workload, working independently and as part of a team.
· To have a good eye for detail
· Advocacy skills will be an advantage although not a necessity.
· Be professional, have a pro-active approach and excellent client care skills.
All applicants will need to hold a full UK driving licence and their own means of transport to attend Court hearings, clinics and out of office appointments.
Please send any CVs to Laura Wilkinson on email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 5pm on Tuesday 4th February 2020.