Cambridge House Law Centre Vacancies
Established in 1893, our Law Centre is one of the oldest free legal advice services in the UK. Recognised as a Centre of Excellence we provide free expert legal advice and representation in the areas of housing, welfare benefits, employment and public law.
We have two vacancies and warmly welcome applications from disabled people, the LGBTQ communities and people from Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds.
Law Centre Manager
Salary £45,000 to £50,000 per annum depending on experience
Closing date – 4 January 2019
Reporting to the Chief Executive, this role leads our legal practice. An ideal candidate will:
- Have strong leadership, management, collaboration and communication skills.
- Be an experienced solicitor with a current practising certificate that enables them to be a named casework supervisor and training principal.
- Demonstrate a track record of ensuring ongoing compliance with Lexcel, Legal Aid Agency and SRA regulations.
- Have handled a wide range of cases, including representation in courts and tribunals and experience of taking cases through the higher courts.
- Be experienced at driving performance and achieving high billing targets.
Salary £30,000 to £35,000 per annum depending on experience
Closing date – 4 January 2019
Reporting to the Welfare and Employment Solicitor, this new role will provide advice and assistance to service users who face crises in housing, welfare and/or benefits. Our ideal candidate will:
- Have at least three years’ experience providing ‘client-facing’ advice and support in social and/or public welfare, housing and/or benefits.
- Be an effective and inclusive communicator with experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Demonstrate their ability to analyse, interpret and share complex information, including financial data.
- Have experience of liaising with other agencies, making referrals where appropriate and keeping accurate case work records.
- Be able to conduct welfare benefits appeals in the First Tier Tribunal.
For more information and recruitment packs for both vacancies, please visit: http://ch1889.org/vacancies/jobs/
Anti Trafficking and Labour Exploitation Unit (ATLEU)
Paralegal (Public Law / Housing)
Job Title: Paralegal
Hours: Full Time (35 hours per week)
Salary: £21,000 – 23,000 depending on experience
Reports to: Head of Legal Practice
Location: London SE1
Deadline: 9am Wednesday 2nd January 2019
This is an exciting opportunity to join ATLEU’s legal team as a paralegal. The role involves providing housing and public law advice and representation to victims of modern slavery under a legal aid contract.
The paralegal will provide legal and administrative support to ATLEU’s casework team, primarily in relation to housing and public law casework and support the Head of Legal Practice in the efficient running of the team. This is a fee earning role.
The casework will predominantly be judicial review work relating to identification and obtaining appropriate housing and support for victims of trafficking and modern slavery.
This position offers the right candidate an exceptional opportunity to develop their legal skills and knowledge working with ATLEU’s dynamic legal team.
Further information and an Application Pack can be found here: http://atleu.org.uk/job-vacancies/