Shepherds Bush Housing Association
Legal Partner – maternity cover from January 2019
Further details (including a full job description) are available on our website here: https://jobs.sbhg.co.uk/vacancy/legal-partner-368944.html
We are seeking a qualified, competent and highly motivated individual to be our Legal Partner.
At Shepherds Bush Housing Association (SBHA) we strive to be recognised as the best in London for our homes and services. This is an exciting time to join the organisation. We have recently launched our new Corporate Strategy, which sets out our strategic objectives for the next 5-10 years. These objectives include a significant upscaling in our development activity, with the Corporate Strategy targeting 200 per year over the next 10 years. To support the organisation in the achievement of these objectives, we have launched our Future Fifty transformation programme, which aims to improve and modernise SBHA as a whole organisation, driving improvements in service and cost through innovation and the use of technology. This is a unique opportunity to work for an award winning organisation and contribute to our corporate aims and objectives. You will:
- lead the development and delivery of high quality legal services for SBHA. As a qualified solicitor or barrister with significant post qualification experience;
- be well versed in managing legal caseloads within a regulated environment; and
- be familiar and comfortable working with and advising on the applicable legislation and statutory requirements, including being able to design and deliver training to front line staff.
You will also be the first port of call for all legal enquiries, and have responsibility for overseeing all housing management and related legal work across the business. You will be experienced at reporting to, working with and advising directors and other senior managers, as well as working with frontline staff and supporting their roles through training and advice.
The role reports directly to the Director of Housing Services on a fixed term contract of 10-12 months full time (37.5 hours per week).
What we want from you…
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with significant amount of PQE.
- Experience in a senior leadership role, working with senior stakeholders, providing high level strategic and legal advice, using common sense, intuition, and resourcefulness to successfully solve complex problems.
- Up to date and detailed knowledge of housing and property law and court procedure and how to apply it effectively and practically within a regulated environment.
- Knowledge and experience of related areas of civil and criminal law.
- Experience of managing and resolving complex legal casework, drafting legal documents, and court room advocacy.
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment where multi-tasking and independent decision making is required without compromising on attention to detail.
- Experience of working in a diverse organisation, being a senior leader delivering a customer focused housing management service that includes tenancy and estate management, anti-social behaviour, and a wide variety of other housing and related casework.
- Knowledge and strategic understanding of the social housing sector regulation and policy including related non-housing regulatory requirements.
- Experience of budget management.
- Experience of building and maintaining strong partnerships at a senior level with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent research and analysis skills for effective collection, assimilation and redistribution of information as training programmes, high level written reports and briefing papers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent court room advocacy and negotiation skills.
- Computer literacy including the ability to use a wide range of software packages.
- Flexibility of working hours to include occasional weekend and evening working where required.
In return we promise you:
- Competitive salary of £56,100
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata, plus bank holidays, Christmas and Easter)
- A contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Simply Health cash plan and a choice of flexible benefits
- Exciting opportunities for learning and career development
- Working for an award-winning housing association
- An engaging working environment
- A great office location in the heart of leafy Chiswick, close to local shops and amenities
- Excellent access to all TFL networks, 2 minutes walk from Turnham Green Station
- Complimentary Well-Being initiatives