Direct Help & Advice and Derby Law Centre
Salary Range: £23,460- £29,520 per annum depending on experience & qualifications, including Solicitors weighting.
Contract base hours of work: 37.5 hours per week.
Location: Derby and DHA office locations
Closing Date: Tuesday 28thAugust 2018 at 12.30pm
We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated individual to provide specialist housing advice across DHA’s offices and project locations. You will provide advice, advocacy and Court representation to help prevent homelessness and housing difficulty.
You should be a team player, able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of work. The ideal candidate will be an excellent relationship builder having strong negotiation and communication skills and must have relevant experience of providing specialist housing advice and have knowledge of legislation, case law and social policy in the area of housing.
The successful candidates for the position will have:
- A minimum of 6 months specialist working knowledge of legislation, case law and social policy relating to Housing Law.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- An ability to deal with people in difficult and pressurised situations
- A strong desire to make a positive difference to someone’s’ life;
- Experience of advocating with agencies or services;
- The ability to formulate complex letters and reports;
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines and targets.
NB: If you fulfill the 2018 Housing/Debt LAA supervisory standard or can demonstrate how you plan to do this; and have 3 years housing/debt case involvement, preferably with experience of casework supervision and/or completion of supervisor training within the last 12 months, DHA may be able to consider your application as a supervisor position.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to arrive no later than the closing date to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- In an envelope marked confidential to Human Resources, Direct Help & Advice, Phoenix Street, Derby, DE1 2ER