£21,622- £22,647 pa, plus excellent benefits
Closing date: 10 August 2017 (at 11.30pm)
Would you like to pursue a career in law? Do you have excellent problem solving skills and intellectual aptitude? If so join us as a Paralegal. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving legal team providing a legal aid service to people with housing problems.
Shelter Legal Services provides 30 advice services throughout England, offering free, impartial advice on a range of housing issues. You will be working with housing solicitors, conducting advice work under their supervision and carrying out delegated litigation work.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave, the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
• Providing a specialist housing law casework service, in a busy advice centre, that delivers a good standard of professional service and client care
• Working closely with one of our expert housing solicitors, conducting advice work, delegated litigation work and court duty scheme
• Taking instructions and statements, drafting correspondence, liaising with third parties, attending court and completing all documentation required for funding applications.
• Enabling homeless people and those with housing problems to enforce their existing rights
And what you’ll need:
• Excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate with a range of people
• A belief in working collaboratively and the intellectual aptitude to reason critically
• A results-driven and commercially aware approach, plus a flair for coming up with new ideas and approaches
• Knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Excel.
Shelter is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of clients, in particular children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. And we campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help.
We’re here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
Shelter does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them