We have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Solicitor to join our team specialising in housing and public law. Our expertise in this field has been recognised by professional directories including Chambers & Partners and Legal 500.
Experience and knowledge of housing and public law is essential. We are looking for someone who is comfortable with County Court litigation, High Court Judicial Review, emergency Injunctions. We also are looking for someone who has experience working with Legal Aid cases.
An ability to work under pressure and meet financial targets are essential requirements. An interest in developing advocacy skills is a desirable requirement. The vacancy benefits from administrative support.
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
The closing date for application is Friday 31st March 2017.
£20,503-£21,528 pa, plus excellent benefits
Closing date: 20 March 2017 (at 11.30 pm)
We’re looking for a results-driven, commercially aware individual to join our efficient legal team in Manchester as a Paralegal. While direct experience of housing advice or litigation would be ideal, we are more interested in your intellectual aptitude and ability to solve problems.
Shelter Legal Services provides 30 advice services throughout England, offering free, impartial advice on a range of housing issues. You will be working with housing solicitors, conducting advice work under their supervision and carrying out delegated litigation work.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave, the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
• Providing a specialist paralegal casework service in housing law, in a busy advice centre, that delivers a good standard of professional service and client care
• Working closely with one of our expert housing solicitors, conducting advice work and delegated litigation work that enables homeless people and those with housing problems to enforce their existing rights
• Representing clients under the court duty scheme approximately once a fortnight and working on legal aid cases under supervision of a solicitor
• Taking instructions and statements, drafting correspondence, liaising with third parties, attending court and completing all documentation required for funding applications.
And what you’ll need:
• A belief in working collaboratively and the intellectual aptitude to reason critically
• A proven ability to get to the root of clients’ needs and meet and exceed their expectations
• A results-driven and commercially aware approach, plus a flair for coming up with new ideas and approaches
• Knowledge of MS Office, including Word and Excel.
For further information about the role, the benefits of working for Shelter and to apply please visit our website.
Shelter is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of clients, in particular children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. And we campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help.
We’re here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
Shelter does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them