£43,128 pa plus excellent benefits
London + Travel
Closing date: 1 March 2016 (at 9am)
We’re looking for an experienced Managing Solicitor who will successfully lead our London team in providing a viable, high quality legal service to homeless people and other people in housing need.
Shelter Legal Services team has an enviable national reputation for excellence in the provision of housing law. As well as providing casework services for individual clients and internal consultancy, we support the organisational priorities of policy and campaigning on housing law and access to justice issues. We are committed to continuous improvement to meet the demands arising out of the external environment including legal aid reform.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave, the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
- Managing, supervising, supporting and developing a team of solicitors, advisers and support staff
- Providing a specialist legal casework service in housing law, including litigation and consultancy
- Making sure we deliver high quality legal work and maximise income generation
- Liaising with colleagues across Shelter to guarantee the effective delivery of our services.
And what you’ll need:
- Substantial experience of handling a wide range of housing cases, both public and private sector
- In-depth knowledge of issues like homelessness, security of tenure and possessions proceedings
- Legal Aid supervisor status in housing
- The ability to manage teams to achieve targets, as well as good communication and problem solving skills.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. And we campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help.
We’re here so no-one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
Shelter does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
We are looking for a self-motivated Housing/ Civil solicitor (0 – 5 years PQE) interested in taking on a lead role in the challenge of building a sustainable legal practice with us. You should have a working knowledge and experience of Housing Law. Ideally, you should be able to demonstrate experience of general Civil Work, in particular, Litigation. There is the possibility for future progression in alternative practice areas, including Employment law and Commercial law.
Further details can be found at: www.mayflowersolicitors.com/careers/