£33,127 pa, plus excellent benefits
Closing date: 22 April 2014
We’re looking for an accomplished housing solicitor to deliver a specialist legal casework service in housing law, to represent homeless people or people in housing need.
If your experience of housing litigation includes issues such as homelessness, security of tenure and possession proceedings, consider a move to Shelter. We provide the ideal environment in which to use your expertise to deliver a specialist legal casework service in housing law.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave, the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
• Provide professional legal advice and representation to clients
• Take on casework, including litigation, to enable those in housing need to enforce their rights
• Provide consultancy and training to staff on housing law and court procedure
• Support the development of Shelter’s policy and legislative responses.
And what you’ll need:
• Substantial experience of handling a wide range of housing cases, both public and private sector, on issues including homelessness, security of tenure and possession proceedings
• A minimum of three years post qualification experience and 2013 SQM supervisor standard in housing
• Sound knowledge of legal aid (publicly funded) work including legal representation
• The ability to establish priorities and develop clear plans to achieve your goals.
For further information about the role, the benefits of working for Shelter and to apply please visit our website.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.