- Adverse possession(15)
- Community care(61)
- Housing law – All(1251)
- Mortgage possession(58)
- Tolerated trespasser(49)
- Trusts and Estoppel(42)
- Various (non-housing)(428)
- J on Gonna get myself arrested
- Jan Luba on Gonna get myself arrested
- Service of Section 21 Before Deposit Protection But Within 30 Days | GRL Landlord Association on Early Compliance
- David Smith on Early Compliance
- industry Observer on Early Compliance
- S on Disrepair – counterclaims after possession order.
- Giles Peaker on Disrepair – counterclaims after possession order.
- SS on Disrepair – counterclaims after possession order.
- S Hopkins on Bedroom Tax: Pre 1996 claims exemption.
- Giles Peaker on Bedroom Tax: Pre 1996 claims exemption.
Visits in 2014150474
R (on the application of Heffernan) (FC) (Appellant) v The Rent Service) (Respondents)  UK 58 concerns the meaning of locality in para 4(6) of Part 1 Schedule 1 Rent Officers (Housing Benefit Functions) Order 1997.
Locality serves to define the area by reference to which the Local Reference Rent was established and hence the level of Housing Benefit. As the definition of locality is effectively the same for the new system of Local Housing Allowances, the issue is still of importance.
The appeal was from a Court of Appeal judgment upholding a rent officers determination that a locality could be the whole of Sheffield, with outlying rural areas.
Para 4(6) … Read the full post