Shelter Greater Manchester
£23,611 per annum
37.5 hrs per week
As an Adviser with us, you’ll provide the highest standards of housing and social welfare law advice to those most in need of our help. Our Advisers work in line with our Quality Standards framework at all times, as they:
• Provide members of the public with professional and impartial advice and advocacy on a wide range of housing and social welfare issues.
• Conduct in-depth interviews with clients.
• Assess specific needs and identify desired outcomes.
• Represent clients at court if required.
To join us as a Housing and Social Welfare Adviser, you must have:
• Experience of delivering housing and social welfare advice work to LSC or a similar quality standard.
• Fast, accurate typing skills.
• Proven ability to use a case management system.
• Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
• A customer-focused approach.
• The ability to manage your own workload.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Housing and Social Welfare Adviser to join Britain’s foremost housing charity, at a time when our work has never been more important.
More than one million people a year come to us for advice and support via our website, helplines and national network of services. We help people to find and keep a home in a place where they can thrive, and tackle the root causes of bad housing by campaigning for new laws, policies, and solutions.
Benefits include 30 days holiday and flexible working. We are committed to giving all applications equal consideration.
Closing date: 9 July 2012.